The rubber fender has the characteristics of good elasticity, high engine absorption, convenient maintenance, long service life and facilitating large batch production with wide applications worldwide. Rubber fenders can not only protect ships and terminals but also reduce horizontal loads for the terminal, improving the berthing capacity of the wharf.
Types, Features, And Applications Of Rubber Fenders
1. Circular rubber fender
Circular rubber fender also known as Y type fender, The characteristics are low reaction force, small in surface pressure, reasonable energy absorption, with wide applications and convenient installation and maintenance, especially suitable for vintage terminals.
2. D-type ( semicircle) rubber fender
The D type rubber fender has a semicircle shape. It has the features of moderate reaction force, higher sucking energy than cylindrical fender, more convenient installation. Due to the small width bottom size, it is especially suitable for a frame-style wharf.
3. DO type rubber fender
The DO type rubber fender has a larger reaction force and energy absorption than the D type. Installation strength and service life are greatly improved than D type fender, suitable for frame-style terminals.
4. Super arch (V-type) rubber fender
The SA super arch fender is also known as V type rubber fender with moderate reaction force, high suction energy, firm and convenient installation.
5. DA type rubber fender
DA type rubber fender has the characteristics of high suction energy and low reaction energy. The products have higher stress dispersibility, long service life. The front end is equipped with a defense board to reduce the surface pressure. It has various installation methods, more convenient.
6. Super cell(SC)rubber fender
Super cell rubber fender also known as SC type rubber fender, has a drum shape. The main characteristics are low reaction force, large suction energy. The tilt compression mechanics property reducing is little. The installation is convenient. It is widely used for large and medium-sized wharfs.
Transportation And Storage Of Rubber Fenders
1.The rubber fenders are transported by automobile.
2.Fender in the loading and unloading process, it should take the correct hoisting method. The rubber fender should be kept clean and do not hit. The fender should be placed firmly.
3. It should ensure the fender cargo is not unshifted, not loose in the entire transportation process.
4.After that the fenders are transported to the designated site, unload the cargo with suitable lifting equipment to avoid damage and collision.
When the rubber fender is stored, it should avoid direct sunlight, rain and snow and prevent contacting with acid, alkali, oils and organic solvent, 1 meter from the heat source. The inventory temperature is maintained at -15°C -40°C and the storage area is approximately about 400 square meters.
What Should Be Paid Attention To In The Daily Inspection Of Rubber Fenders
Concerning some things that should be paid attention to during the use of marine rubber fenders, the daily maintenance and inspection work must be done well.
1. Pay attention to check whether the fender is damaged and the air pressure is normal.
2. Check whether the surface of the fender rope has sharp things which will cause damage to the rubber fender.
3. Check whether the foot bolts of the fender and the bolts which fix the impingement plate are loose. If there is a loose, after tightened,it should fix the fixed bolt and pads through the welding method.
4. Check whether the impingement plate has the phenomenon of depression, cracking, corrosion, in order to prevent getting rust, the anti-corrosion treatment should be carried out once a year as much as possible.
5 Check whether the impingement plate has an anteversion which will easily be caused by the accumulation of materials on the inner side of the impingement plate.
6. Check whether there is scratching on the impingement plate, if so, it should be replaced in time.
7. Check whether the rubber elastic parts which will be lifting the impingement plate have an abnormality, timely treatment and replacement should be done for any abnormality.
Rubber fender is a very important protection tool in the marine industry and all ships should be equipped with ship fenders, which can guarantee personal safety on board. The article mainly shares some useful tips about the types, features, transportation and daily inspection of rubber fenders.